Kattie is our primary Seattle & Eastside doula. She also takes Snohomish County clients when Serena’s schedule is full.
I believe that the birth experience is profound and that the first moments between a mother and child have a deep effect on their relationship. It is my goal that you will walk away from your birth feeling like you didn’t have things happen to you but that, with the help of your doula, you were be able to be an advocate for yourself and your baby.
- Location: Woodinville, WA
- Training: Birth Doula Training – Bastyr University, Certified Family Support Specialist – Edmonds Community College, Le Leche League of WA Conference Oct 2010, Le Leche League of WA Health Care Professionals Seminar – Building Upon the Science: New Modalities in Supporting the Breastfeeding Dyad – Sept 2011, Birth and Beyond: Breastfeeding Basics for the Doula June 2011, Advanced Doula Training – Rebozo Uses for the Childbearing Year – September 2011, Advanced Doula Training – Working with VBAC Clients – September 2011, Advanced Doula Training – When a baby dies – October 2011
- Birth Philosophy: Women remember the day they give birth in great detail and it is my hope that you will recall your birth with fond memories. It is my hope that you would believe in yourself and understand what your body is designed to do so that you are capable of having your best birth. I also believe that what of the greatest things you can do for yourself is to research your options and so that you can make informed decisions regarding your care provider and birth plan as these decisions have a great impact on the outcome of your birth.
- On a Personal Note: I have been married to my husband, Greg, for ten years and we have two little girls. From a very young age I took a great interest in infants and had aspirations of being an obstetrician. Over time my passion for childbirth became more focused on being an advocate for birth that was not fear-based but strength-based.
Random Facts About Kattie
- Lists make me happy.
- I love to cook and bake; there is something cathartic about it.
- I love wine.
- I come from a gigantic family. My mom has 11 brothers and sisters and I have over 80 cousins.
- I attended my first birth when I was 16.
- I’ve had one medicated birth in a hospital and one birth in a birth center.
- My husband and I are total movie junkies.
- One of my favorite things to do is go on walks with my family, we love being outdoors! One of my favorite smells is fresh air on my daughters when I put them to bed at night.
- I have ridiculous memory when it comes to all things random.
- I breastfed my two children for a total of 37 months.
- I don’t ever think I will get my baby fix.
- Music truly got me through my last labor.