- Location: Edmonds, WA
- Training: Labor Support Course (Taught by Penny Simkin at the Seattle Midwifery School) – September 2008, Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Training (Postpartum Support International) – November 2010
- My Philosophy: As your doula, I view my role as part teacher, part coach, part cheerleader, part mother, part sister and part friend.
- On a Personal Note: When not chasing after my three funny kids (ages 6, 4 and 1) I love to read, cook, and help with my church’s MOPS group. My husband and I are also owners of Help at Home Handyman, a remodeling and repair company.
Random Facts About Cymmie
- My full name is Cymantha, Cymmie is the nickname I’ve had since birth.
- I am named after a local singer whose name my dad saw on a telephone pole concert poster.
- I live 3 blocks from the house I grew up in.
- I’ve had three absolutely wonderful hospital births. It took me awhile to call them wonderful.
- My only 4.0 in college was The Psychobiology of Women.
- My husband proposed to me and took a picture of it with a self-timer. Best. Picture. Ever. (except for my double chin)
- I love to read and as a child my mom would take away my library card as punishment.
- I have been Jean Enersen, KISS, Jan Brady and Cher for Halloween.
- I worked in high-tech PR during the height of the Internet bubble.
- I have a radio crush on Ira Glass of This American Life.
- My four towheads drive me to tears with love and to the brink of insanity… almost daily.
- I have an exceptional memory when it comes to unexceptional random facts.